CAMP SOUHEGAN IS CHANGING THINGS UP FOR 2017!
We are excited to announce that we have restructured Camp Souhegan to offer children a wider variety of programs and opportunities to learn and grow.
Camp Souhegan is a day camp at the Boys & Girls Club of Souhegan Valley that runs for up to 10 weeks each summer, starting in June and ending in August. We will be posting specific skill camps, registration forms, and dates soon! Feel free to contact us with any questions at (603) 672-1002 x18 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
NEW THIS YEAR! Camp Souhegan now provides two options: all day Rec Camp and Half-day Skill Camps
About Rec Camp
Rec Camp is offered Monday - Friday from 9am - 4pm. Before and After Care options are available.
Rec Camp is offered with both weekly and daily options.
Rec camp offers a variety of activities to keep your children active, learning, and having fun! Campers will have the opportunity to be creative with arts and crafts, learn a dance, take a cooking class, rock climb, as well as participate in swimming, sports, games, and activities that will make lasting camp memories. Activities change each day and each week providing lots of variety and experiences for your children.
Parents have the option to add Skill Camps to any given week.
- What does a typical day for a camper look like?
- Children are placed into one of three age-dependent groups: entering 1st-3rd grade, 4th-5th grade, and 6th-8th grade.
- Each group starts their day at their "home base", a designated area where campers meet each morning and learn about the activities planned for them. The day is made up of several “program blocks" of 1-2 hours which provide your child with choices of age appropriate programs and activities.
- Groups rotate through activity rooms (art room, gym, dance room, computer room, Keyes Park for sports and swimming, etc.) providing a variety of program and activity options throughout the day.
- These groups operate independently of each other and are overseen by an assigned staff of qualified counselors who plan age appropriate activities for the members in each age group..
Skill Camps are half day micro-camps taught by professionals and offered in a wide variety of areas, including sports, arts, dance, theater, nature, science, and more. Skill camps run Monday - Friday from 9 am to 12 pm and are open to children entering 1st-8th grade.
- Skill camps are available to all campers as an add-on to Rec Camp (for an additional fee) or as a stand-alone option. If a child is enrolled in Rec Camp with a Skill Camp added on, a counselor will return them to their Rec Camp group at 12 pm. If a child is enrolled in a Skill Camp only they must be picked up at noon each day.
- Skill camps change on a week to week basis depending on the availability of the instructor(s).
- Members attending skill camps MUST come to camp all five days - there is no daily option for skill camps.